Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make my application system modal (not application modal)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcglorioso

Programmer
Jul 23, 2003
PH
Hi all,

Want to ask anybody who knows how to make a VFP form (AlwaysOnTop = .T.-True; ShowWindow = 2-As Top-Level Form; WindowType = 1-Modal) system modal.

My application type is Top-Level and _Screen.Visible = .F.-False.

What I want to do is when the form opens, I wont be able to do anything until the form closes

Is this possible?

Advance thanks for any help

wcglorioso

One way I can think of doing that would be to prevent the user from accessing anything else . You could maximize your application (full screen) and remove the task bar (there are API call posted here for that). Although this does not prevent the crtl-alt-del or alt-tab combinations, but it depends how much you want to control.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks for putting worth into my question.

However, I would not want my application to be maximized.

It is just a utility application.

It is called from another application (not coded in VFP) and made to appear as if it is part of that application.

I do not want users do anything to the non-VFP application without closing the VFP application to that effect as well.

It will be called on different parts of the said application which will launch a different top-level form depending on the parameter passed to the VFP application.

There seems to be no way to make an application system modal I assume.

Anyway, I would look into the APIs you have told me in case I find it appropriate for applications to come

WindowType of Top Level form is ignored. Top Level forms are never modal.

Have you tried ShowWindow 0 or 1, WindowType 1 and Desktop = .T.? Don't know if this will work, but it's worth a shot.

Regards,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back