Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKhod

IS-IT--Management
Dec 21, 2007
US
I know many people have found ways to make money and some like myself is still in search of making really good money 10-20k/month.
I have a Win NT4.0 and Win 2000 MCSE, I been doing this since 1999 after being in the Army for 3 years..i would like to start a consulting buisiness, i have worked as a consultant before but have not had much success. Is there any sugestions on this topic. How to get clients. i dont know that many people in my life cause i move from state to state so many times.

Finding your niche is the name of the game.

I was an executive recruiter for 12+ years and found it interesting that many people wanted to leave their good/high paying jobs to try something new. When I asked them why...they said their current job was too easy and they wanted a bigger challenge. Of course they wanted to keep their high pay and just step into a VP of Finance position from an Airline Transport pilot position. It just will not fly.

What do you do best? What is easiest for you? Push that to the limit. Go after jobs that build your reputation first then go to jobs that give you the proper return-on-investment. Be consistent in bids and hit all the web sites you can find in your area of expertise. A good MSCE helping your local neighborhood or town will bubble up to bigger and better.

Outsource busy companies with your consulting expertise. There will be abuses or casualties in the beginning so don't give up too soon. Your actions will dictate your achievements.

Thank you for your service to our country. Much success.

Regards
Peter Buitenhek
ProfitDeveloper.com

I love to make money, basically, as bad as it sounds i like to make money more than anything in this world at this point of my life, for many different reasons, such as helping my familly and the true unfortunate needy people. I have done a few other things such as home loans which has great money in it but didnt like it much cause it required to lie and/or make an dishonest living. I love money but i rather be financially broke rahter than lie and screw people over to make that money. i dont think there is much money in my field of work, i do like networking/computers but i dont think its return is that great. i am currently making 65k/year.
I am trying to maybe move into insurance work as part time and see where that takes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back