Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to make it look like xp style 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssj3gohan

Programmer
Jun 2, 2003
AU
i made apps in vb6 and i can get xpstyle from manifest and resource files, but it doesnt seem to work for vb.net 2003

any ideas??

You still need to specify a manifest file and add your resources to it.. You also need to make sure your controls are set to FlatStyle: System.Windows.Forms.FlatStyle.System

This is interesting, can we make xp style on Windows 2000? If so, any more detailed instructions how to do it would be appreciated :)

how to specify manifest and add resources??
thanks

For VB.NET 2003 you need to run the following code before you form starts up.

Code:
Application.EnableVisualStyles()
Application.DoEvents

I recommend creating a Sub Main and placing that code in there and then using Application.Run(New fMain) where fMain is the name of your startup form.

Bstrick, thanks for that link, very helpful.

Borvik, I had tried that before from something I read and it still used Windows 2000 styles. I think EnableVisualStyles uses the operating systems styles, not XP (unless XP is installed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back