Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make cheap calls to india via Index system

Status
Not open for further replies.

unslog

Technical User
Jan 25, 2009
GB
Hi
We have Avaya digital system, and want to make cheap calls to one remote worker in india.

Currently we are tied into a BT contract, and their international call rates are expensive. We have tried using skype to skype, and noticed the call quality is poor due to remote end broadband.

Does anyone have any suggestion how we can route calls to the remote user using a different provider with cheap call rates to india? I'm sure there are more cost effective ways of making calls overseas

Anyone have any experience with this.

Suggestions welcome.
thanks

New IP Office, and a remote worker handset / VPN remote phone.

there is my suggestion.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Be very careful - Indian telecom regulations forbid toll bypass i.e. your remote worker calling to UK numbers via your trunks.

You are allowed to make internal calls - that is between users on your site and the Indian user.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

LOL - We have a customer with Indian VPN phones doing exactly that! Not my problem I guess ;-)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

If skype is poor quality/pants due to the remote users broadband then a remote/VPN phone isn't going to be any better :)

not true andy

I find skype is just so contended on skypes own network that a single VPN phone on an 8K call will work much better.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back