Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make Backup job use private network

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple99

MIS
Jun 18, 2007
AU
Hi,
Our Media Agent and client servers are connected to two networks Production and Private. How should I configure a client backup job to use the private network.

The client properties are currently set to host names (dns names of the media agent and client). Also the data interface pairs are the production IP addresses.

Do I change the Data interface pair to use the private 192.168* IP addresses for Media agent and client ?
And will this redirect the backup through the private network instead of the production.

appreciate any advice.
thanks

Hi

Simpana will always use the first address in the binding order

Just change the Data Interface Pairs to use the private network between client and MA (you shouldn't need them for the production network unless that address isn't first in the binding order)

Birky
CommVault Certified Engineer

thanks I'll change the Data Interface Pairs to Private Network IP's and see how it goes.

I wasn't sure if it would be an issue since Commserve will not be able to resolve the DNS name of the client to this private IP address.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back