Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make a vertical ticker

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyprus106

Programmer
Apr 30, 2001
I would like to make a ticker box that scrolls it's contents vertically, and stops each in the middle of the box for a few seconds, then moves along it's way. After it gets through all of it's list, it restarts. each entry should have a link or something as well.

I've looked everywhere for a tutorial or something on how to do this, but have come up empty-handed. could ANYBODY help me?!

Thanks, Cyprus
[noevil]

Hi mate,

The following will work in IE only. NS shows it as static text. You can specify the speed of scrolling etc. and also when you mouseover it stops scrolling..

<MARQUEE onmouseover=this.stop() onmouseout=this.start() scrollAmount=3 scrollDelay=1 direction=up width=150 height=200>
<a href=&quot;/wherever.html&quot;>This is a link here</A>
</MARQUEE>

Hope this helps Wullie

I want it to be able to work in Netscape. I know I can, I just don't remember the code. Cyprus
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back