Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to make a sound without soundcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fll

Programmer
May 7, 2002
BE
I tryed to make a sound with the beep procedure but it doesn't make without soundcard. How can i make a sound?

laurent

;-)

laurent,

Unless the user has a driver installed for the speaker (which is normally provided with a sound card), you essentially can't make any noise.

You can try adding the old SPEAKER driver available at ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/SPEAK.EXE but please understand that the quality will be very poor.

Inexpensive sound cards are pretty easy to located, though. You might nose around your local area to see if there are any PC recycling places (or what I call "parts bins") nearby. You can usually get an old Soundblaster for something like $10 or less. Even the cheapest sound card will be a marked improvment over the speaker.

Hope this helps...

beep006 doesn't work.
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/SPEAK.EXE doesn't work too.

Laurent

;-)

Are you sure that the internal speaker actually works in this pc?

Does the computer beep once when it is booting? If so then the PC speaker works, otherwise open up the box and see if it's connected to the right pins on the motherboard.

If it's not connected or is connected to the wrong pins, fix it, it it's on the right pins, then you probably have a dead speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back