Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make a push button 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hovercraft

Technical User
Jun 19, 2006
US
Sorry to be a pain today.
I've been googlling trying to find a tutorial to explain how to make a push button. With no luck.
I've found tutorials to make a button, even animated buttons.
But what I'm looking for is information on a simple push button.

for instance:
in the UP state the button would have a beveled edge but during the DOWN state the bevel would not be there.

If I change the filter on the button it effects all states.

Could someone explain how to accomplish this or perhaps explain how the pre-packaged push buttons work.

Thank you in advance!
Dave

Again, Thank You!

So there's no way to use Flash's in-house filters on a button for a specific state?

-Dave

> So there's no way to use Flash's in-house filters on a button for a specific state?

There is, here's a barebones example:
Code:
import flash.filters.BevelFilter;
var bevelFilter:BevelFilter = new BevelFilter();
mcBtn.filters = [bevelFilter];
mcBtn.onRelease = mcBtn.onReleaseOutside=function ():Void {
	this.filters = [bevelFilter];
};
mcBtn.onPress = function():Void  {
	this.filters = [];
};

Kenneth Kawamoto

Ah, so you can through ActionScript but not through the GUI?

You could always just make 2 pictures, one for the UP state and the other for the down, if you can't find any other solution. This is the most tedious way though, thought I'd throw it out though.

The number one Flash resource on the net, from Flash tutorials to Flash games, check out <a href="

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back