Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make a phone list with css

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrymossman

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
US
We are converting our site from tables to css.

Our list of division phone numbers is currently a 2 column table: Col. 1 Division, Col. 2 Number. So the numbers all line up under each other.

Should we leave it a table? I guess it is legitimately a table. What other options are there?

I suggest using a table, as this is the intent of the <table> tag in the first place.

It could be interpreted as a table, so yeah you can use a table.

You could also use a complex system of nested div's, but why try to re-invent hot water.

I think this is one of those instances, when a table is a table, and should remain a table. You can still use CSS to style the table and the cells if you so wish.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

You could use a definition list and fix the width of the <dt> elements or float the <dt> left and the <dd> to the right.

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back