Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make a never-ending page in Microsoft Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmenot2

Technical User
Jan 23, 2008
CH
How to make a never-ending page in Microsoft Word? Just one page, that never ends... Is that possible? By the way, I don't want to print anything in the file.

You cant as far as I know.

But what is the point you are trying to achieve? if only to read it continuously, you can change the way you see the document.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Continuous read using View > Normal, or the little icons at the bottom left-hand corner.

You could define 'stationary' that was impossibly long using File > Page Setup > Paper

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Unfortunately not. In reality, there is no such thing as a page in Word. It is only information from the printer driver that forces Word to create pages that fit the printer's current parameters.

If you go to Page Setup, you can create a custom page size, but that is limited to 22.1" (IIRC).

You can minimise the affects of pages by using the Hide White Space option under the View menu or you can choose to display HTML View, but neither is really what you desire.

Regards: tf1

bugmenot2, " I don't want to print anything in the file."

The reality is, as tf1 mentions, whether you want to print anything, or not, is irrelevant. Word always displays through a printer driver. Always. What you see is what Word would print.

Which is why "page" is not, as tf1 mentions, a real thing in Word. Word fabricates them according to how it would print.

So, Hide White Space is an option. However, I am trying to understand your purpose, or your requirement. What do you really mean by "one" page? What are you trying to do? What are you trying to gain?

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back