Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make a Hunt Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTALLY

MIS
May 6, 2002
US
Hi

I need to make a Hunt Group for certain ext numbers. I want to be able to setup like if someone calls a certain ext like 7777 and they are not there I want it call the next ext in the group until someone picks up? Can this be done any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

PTALLY

PTally
there are a couple of ways to do this, but i normally use Departmental Hunt Groups

1...find a spare DN
2..LD18
req=new
type=ght
lsno xx give this a number say 20
cust=0
dnsz= 4 ( this defines the number of digits)
size xx ( define the max number of DN's)(the extn's that need to be in the hunt group)

wrt <cr>
stor = 1st extn
wrt =<cr>
stor = 2nd extn
keep adding until stor = size
req=end

ld 57
req=chg
type=ffc
cust=0
ffct=<cr>
code=PLDN
pldn= (enter the spare extn number you have selected)
use = GPHT
lsno= 20 ( we have already said we will use 20 )
hytp= RRB (RRB= circular hunting,,LIN = linear)
<cr> back to req
req=end

try that

Colin

Collin,

Evereything looks good I haven't tried it yet but I really do appreciate all your help. Now I have a spare phone setup to use so this will be my DN and TN used for the Ext to call for the Hunt Group. Once this has been inputed like you have and I have added all the TN's I want in the group, if someone just calls this spare DN it will keep calling(hunting) thru the DN's until someone picks up correct? Now if no one picks up at all if it goes thru every single DN in the group what will it do after that?

Thanks Again Collin,

PTALLY

PT
the &quot;spare&quot; DN is known as the PLDN (pilot dn) this is the number that is pointing at the hunt group
you do not input the tn's into the group just the dn's
if someone calls the PLDN then yes it will go hunting until someone picks it up or hangs up the call..
if you set RRB then hunting starts at the first free extn after the last extn used,,, thereby distributing calls evenly, this is also known as circular hunting
if you set LIN then hunting starts from the first dn to the last dn until a free extn is found.. if you have mail then you can add the mail number as the last stor number in the group, that way if no-one answers the call the caller is invited to leave a message....

good luck
Colin

Collin,

Sounds good to me but I have a problem when I tried to do the first part the
LD 18
REQ NEW
TYPE GHT
TYPE SCH600? What does that mean? I have already have a spare DN to use is there something else I need to do? Please let me know.

Thanks Again Collin,

PTALLY

PT
sorry it should be
LD18
req=chg (not new)

are you in the UK ??

Colin

Hi Collin,

I have tried

LD 18
REQ CHG

Still get the error is there something else that needs to be done? I am in the US.

Thanks,

PTALLY

PT
i have just been informed that GHT was never initiated in the US, i believe you guys use LHK,, i will contact one of my American techies and get them to advise you..

Colin Colin

Collin,

Thanks I really appreciate this.

Hey PTALLY,

Send me an email with a phone number where I can reach you to scott_marvill@aoncons.com and I give you a call.

Scott Colin

PT,

I noticed it logged me in as Colin. Thought I'd log in as me. Have you tried using MCR keys?

Scott &quot;if it don't ring, it ain't my thing&quot;

PT... i would do it like this.. DN 7777 - HUNT 7778 .. DN 7778 - HUNT 7779, DN 7779 - HUNT 7777 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back