Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to make a dn a direct line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpm72

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
US
Is there some sort of setting that makes a DN dialable from outside with our set prefix. For instance, if I have someone with an extension of 5703. I want it to be 880-5703.
We have other numbers already set up like this but I am not sure what load or setting makes this happen.

Thanks in Advance

You will have to check with your local carrer that number might not be a DID number from them.

Do you have the DID/DOD records from your carrier? Check to see if the extension you want to assign is part of the DID/DOD block that your company purchased. If it is, your carrier may have inadvertantly disconnected that particular number and possibly reassigned it to someone else (it's happened to me a couple of times). If it isn't one of your DIDs, ask your carrier if it's available and have them add it to your DID block. There will be a small monthly cost for the additional number. After that, you only need to configure a phone on your system with a DN that corresponds to that new DID.

Also, if the number is assigned to your system and is not part of your DID numbering plan, you can create an IDC table (incomming digit convertion, see LD49) to change the incoming number and just label the phone accordingly. One more option, create an auto-terminate route (LD16) and assign one trunk if you have spares to terminate on the number you want, just label it accordingly.

Hello

Check with your PRI (telephone provider) to get the list of assigned DID's. After this program the last 4 or 3 digits as like any other normal extension. Then test and see if dialing the direct number works.

You can do this by copying the programming of another DID.
LD 20
PRT CPY 1
Type 500 or 2000
CFTN copy from TN
To TN new DID TN
DN extension number

Ext. If 3335 is part of the DID's table, with the NXX 233.
Then programming ext. 3355... you can dial in using
233-3335.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back