Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make a Bridged Call Appearance ring instead of flash? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdgrubbs

Technical User
Nov 25, 2020
US
Hi, I'm having this issue where I have a main number logged into two phones, but I want to also ring two extensions on these phones also. is there a solution for this in Avaya Aura 8.0? I'm using the Avya J100 179 phone, model is J179D02A, SW VERSION IS 4.0.1.0.11, BACKUP SW VERSION IS 3.0.0.1.6

Thanks so much.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=96f9d398-4d11-40a9-8a21-6320cfb73a88&file=bridge_call_appear_no_ring.PNG
Start by upgrading the firmware to something more current.

Page 2 of the station form has a "per button ring control" that should be set to "y" and then that will give you an additional option on the bridged appearance button on that station to ring or not.

Edit: those instructions are for ASA. In your screenshot it looks like you have the Ring option in Argument-3. I'd guess you'd have to set it to ring there, but I ma not familiar enough with programming in system manager.

Hey Mrpr, that worked! Awesome! I kept searching for the field parameters, seems like it's so hard to find the info you need in Avaya manuals. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back