Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to look for Tcl config definitions, which directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjorgi

Programmer
Apr 4, 2005
US
Hi,
I am trying to install expect on my CentOS machine and am following directions given in the INSTALL file.
It says that the Tcl source directory and Expect source directory should be in the same directory, if Tcl source is in /usr/share than Expect should be there too.
I didn't do any manual installation of Tcl, it was there already with the OS.
Next step given in the said INSTALL file is to run ./configure command that will create Makefile. But when I run that command I get this error message:
"Can't find Tcl configuration definitions ./configure: line 1106: #: No such file or directory"
My question is: how to find the source directory of Tcl, since I tried couple of possibilities (the same address of the shebang line of my tcl scripts and the /usr/share) but same error was returned. And where would be the config definitions of Tcl?
Any attempt to run "make" command for expect ends up with a slew of error messages...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back