Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to logoff IP phone when "DefaultNumberUsed" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huxham

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
GB
Hi All

I'm just rolling out my first installation of IP phones (about 80 Dialog 4425's). I've got loads of MD110 experience, but not with IP phones.

We're giving all our phones fixed numbers so the users can't screw them up. As such, we're using the "LogOffRestriction=DefaultNumberUsed" setting in the config file.

However, if I take an IP phone out of service and then redeploy it later in a different location, how do I change the number on the phone without having to temporarily edit the config file?

Many thanks
Paul

plug in the phone, log off, log back in with a diffrent number.

To MD or not to MD that is the question

open your webbrowser and enter the ip address of the phone.

login with password Ericsson (mind the capital E)

under logoff restriction, change the extension number and press on the change button beneath it.

that should be it...

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi to all!

when "LogOffRestriction=DefaultNumberUsed" setting in the config file is chosen (semicolon before it has been removed) first you have to put semicolon on the top of the "LogOffRestriction=DefaultNumberUsed" second restart the phone to get this new config and then use the procedure whosrdaddy explains.

Hope this is helpful

rfpup, no need to change the config file for that.

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi whosrdaddy!

I have done that test and hope to remember well the fact that the "change button" in web interface was disappeared if no semicolon before "LogOffRestriction=DefaultNumberUsed"

Brilliant, thanks cfrei that's exactly what I was looking for!

Many thanks
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back