Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to login to a win2k server - no admin password, no user password

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviccie

Technical User
Aug 4, 2002
US
Hi Folks,
I bought a Win2k Server on ebay, but i am not able to login because i do not have a user password nor admin password. The seller has given me a Win2k-CD and a license number along with that. BUT my main worry is how to login to the server.

As soon as i turn on power, it comes up with the cntr+alt+del window...and i don't have the admin password or any known user password....so i can't login...

also, i tried to go into the setup mode and change to boot from CD drive...but it is not booting from the CD too.....somewhere i read that i have to creat some bootdisks or bootCDs...and then i have to boot from that...

can somebody shed some light on this problem...and any links..would be appreciattive...

Thanks in advance...

Ravi
*Ravi

success is not an end point..but the journey..so make every moment of the life happy and successful...by doing what you like to do..

Ravi do you want to access the server as it is OR rebuild it ?

IF you want to rebuild it go into dos prompt from windows navigate to the makeboot directory run "makeboot a:" that will create the 4 disks you need to reinstall win 2k.

MCSE NT4 MCSA 2000/XP CCNA CCDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back