Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to login through tty1A without giving the username and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 17, 2000
CN
How to login through tty1A without giving the username and password,and I want to run my shell scripts instead.

We set a new terminal server,the old terminal server is doing so,but I haven't the privilge at it,I can't check its settings.
There is no security problems since it is only a terminal server.
Can you help me?

You may have no security problems with it but you have potential major hardware problems with it.
Is there a sysadmin that is keeping you out? What you are needing is a breakin of the system and that is a questionable tactic for the forum.
One solution is to log on once and run from the shell prompt, but if idleout is enabled like it shoud be then this will fail.

Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back