Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to login as "admin" on OpenText/Livelink - Content Server 10 Update 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regnier

MIS
Jul 24, 2017
US
I've have a LiveLink system that gets very little usage and very little tech support. I have the links to connect as a user and as an administrator, however the link to connect as an administrator is still using my regular login and connecting me as an admin. This prohibits me from adjusting the "admin" user-id itself.

We have no support contract as the use has dwindled down to one user.

This system is run on Windows 2008 with multiple web front ends and content servers accessing a SQL cluster for the data. The system is using Active Directory to do authentication. I'm running the GCI code (no JAVA). My URL to access the admin function from my favorites in Internete Explore looks like:
http: //nndocumentum.newnet.local/cs/livelink.exe?func=admin.adminpwd&NextURL=%2Fcs%2Flivelink%2Eexe%3Ffunc%3Dadmin%2Eindex

I've tried to login from my desktop, the web front ends and the CSA servers, but I am either automatically logged in as myself or I have to do that manually, then I get the login prompt for the admin password. When I enter that I'm successful and given the page with the various links to access different configuration options. If I go to users & groups, and find "admin" I can only view NOT edit the user.

[ul]
[li]How do I login as "admin" so I can change the invalid email address?[/li]
[/ul]

Please provide plenty of details as all I have is the PDF install manual.

[ul]
[li]Do you know how I can get the other replated PDF manuals without buying a contract from Open Text?[/li]
[/ul]

Yes, I think the Web server is an IIS web server. All Microsoft.

the only thing you need is go to the webserver

1)Find where the current CGI of livelink is exposed,it might be like default website and an application called opentext or something like that,if you look carefully you can find the livelink.exe,llisapi.dll etc
2)Create another application using the GUI of IIS and call it std_auth,here point its home directory to the same place as where your <OTHOME>\cgi is .<OTHOME>means if you look in the Livelink service it will say a folder and finally point to \bin
3)Make extra careful that the new application you build has authentication set to anonymous.Look at the videos in case you are a complete novice at this 4)Now if everything goes correct you might be able to call your livelink as http: //nndocumentum.newnet.local/std_auth[highlight #FCE94F][/highlight]/livelink.exe
5)If this is correct livelink will show you the login form if you know your admin password and login you can do it.

6)Sometimes you may still get a windows popup that si because many admins leave the support directory also IWA,if that is the case instead of the application create a new website listening on perhaps 18080 and build identical applicationms and virtual directories making all of them "anonymous" so the calling URL might be

http: //nndocumentum.newnet.local:18080/std_auth[highlight #FCE94F][/highlight]/livelink.exe

Unless your ID has SA privileges and User privileges you cannot edit any user in livelink,usually Admin is the super users so you can do it.

If you have forgotten the Admin user's password then what you can do is to install livelink agaian on the same structure on another machine connect it to a dummy database,then you can take the password you set from that adatabase and update it on thedatabase of the forgotten one,note this will only work if your running thing is installed on C:|opentext and you install another one on a different database at c:\opentext

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

appnair,
Thanks for the information.
I found the information to be sparse, but in the end it had enough infomation to direct me to a soltuion that worked by just temporarily modifying my IIS environment to accept anonymous authentication. So I was able to login and change the data on the admin user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back