Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Lock an Email - Outlook 2007. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrrhus

Technical User
Dec 18, 2001
AU
Can anyone please tell me how I can lock up an email sent from or received by Outlook 2007. I want to save a contractual agreement by sending an email of the Terms and Conditions, and have the other party accept it by return email. Naturally, both parties need a copy of the original email exchange which cannot be edited in any way. Must be a common issue.

Anyone know how?

One approach is using a digital signature to guarantee both that you are the sender and that the document hasn't been tampered with. Here are instructions for Outlook 2007 You may need to pay a third-party authority to get your digital signature, however.

You can also apply a digital signature to a pdf of the contract. Any alteration to the file will remove the digital signature. You can create a free digital signature using Adobe Acrobat, including the free Reader version.

Thanks, byundt, much appreciated.
I have checked out both those links, and I'll study them later.

Just one quickie if you happen to check back to this post:

In an "electronic agreement" situation, is it necessary for BOTH parties to digitally sign for the arrangement to work? I will certainly get one asap, and I expect I'll have to insist all future contracting parties do likewise?

Thanks again.

Pyrrhus,
I was assuming that you would be sending a digitally signed contract to the other party. They would then digitally sign and return the contract. It is this returned copy that would be the legally binding contract record--assuming that the laws in your part of the world accept digital signatures.

Brad

Thanks again, Brad. That is the situation, and that's the way I'll go.
Pyrrhus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back