Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to load url while .swf intro plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgarton

Technical User
Feb 14, 2007
US
I have a .swf play when you go to my homepage, it's short and and yes their is a skip intro button. At the end of the .swf I put a GotoURL action so it automatically goes to a static page. My static home page has a few .gifs on it, so there is a split second where the viewer sees white when the page is loading. Its there a way to have these files begin to load while the intro plays so that the transition is seamless? If not, what's the best thing to do in this situation. Thanks.

Trying to load images from a page your have not requested, is not possible. You either have smaller images so they take less time to load, or live with it. After all its the default behavior of web pages. They take a little time to load. Nobody ever expects web sites to load instantaneously only relatively quickly.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back