Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to list the HDD part number installed on xSeries server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda

Technical User
Jan 19, 2001
MY
Is there any other way to check the harddisk part number installed on xSeries server?
I have checked the documentation for ServeRAID manager and IBM Director and there does not seem to have any such listing options. Did I miss anything?

Appreciate if anyone can provide some pointers.

Via IBM Director, you can look at theInventory Database of the IBM Director Server for the managed Agent. The HDD FRU numbers are listed under FRU Service Numbers, if the managed Agent was connected to the Internet during installation of IBM Director Agent. If it was not, you can download the FRU file and install the part numbers. The exact procedure is in the Users Guide.

You need Serveraid manager version 4.80 or higher to identify the HDD FRU PN, model description and serial number.

This is applicable only to Serveraid and LSI connected HDD.

I have also found some info from the readme file of the latest ServeRAID application 6.10 saying that the "IPSSEND getconfig" would list FRU through the command utility. I have not been able to test on this as I do not have any machine to see how it happend. Anyone know if this serve the purpose to list the HDD part number (as from FRU c\should be able to get the applicable P/N)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back