Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Limk Images into a DB field...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditter

Programmer
Sep 11, 2000
FR
Hi!

I will appreciate your help...
I would like to know how to link images into a DB field.
I know how to EMBED (using appendChunk method), but i need to LINK the image. Can you tell me how I can do that?
Thanx.

What is it exactly that you want to do?

Store the image data in the database or store a pointer (i.e. filename) to a file somewhere? You could just insert the full path of the file into a text field. What DB are you using? Access? Sql server?

Dear Dilyas:

I´m working with Visual Basic and MS-Access 97, Let me explain what do I need:

When you store an image using appendChunk method you hava a entire set of bytes that represents a file, that's fine but I would like to LINK the image as Ms-Access do, I mean If I double click on the object Ms-Access will OPEN the related application for such object. E.g. if it is a linked bitmap, it will open Ms-Paint, if it is a linked Excel Sheet, it will open MS-Excel... Do you know what I mean?

I would like to know how to link images into a DB field.
We are using Sql server. to show image in form the VB.

Well, I suppose you could store the filename in the database, and capture the ondoubleclick, or on click of your grid in vb, then read the filename and shell it so windows will open it with the appropriate program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back