Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to limit size of saved batch process files in Paint Shop Pro X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrayc

MIS
Jan 5, 2012
US
Hello all,

I have used Paint Shop Pro to convert TIFFs of line drawings to bitmaps, so they can be read by our company's MRP software. I have been connecting to an older Win XP SP3 desktop remotely to do this, using Corel Paint Shop Pro X. Due to concerns regarding the computers age and future viability, I decided to set my own computer up to do this process. Since I was unable to locate the original installation files for PSP X, I purchased and installed PSP X3. In either case, I was using Batch Process for the file conversions, using the built-in "Black and White" script. However, the bitmaps created by PSP X3 on my computer are significantly (20 times) larger than the versions created on the old computer, which is causing problems for the MRP software. Is there any way to limit the size of a file saved after a batch process? I realize that bitmaps in general tend to be larger than corresponding TIFFs, and that smaller files may have lesser image quality. Can a TIFF file run through a batch process be compressed while being saved as a bitmap? Is there a difference in the two scripts (I looked at the two and couldn't see any). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back