Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to light message waiting lights on remote PBX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxuser

Technical User
Apr 6, 2006
US
I am not even sure this can be done. Site A has 81C 4.0 w/CP 4.04.04 connected to Site B via PTP 61C 4.0. Everything is fine with msg wait lights,etc. Site B also has a new 61C 4.5 2nd flr connected via internal PTP to existing 61C 4.0 (the new pbx will eventually replace the old).
I am able to hunt and FNA to voice mail and get stutter dialtone on analogs but no Msg waiting lights. I am thinking that I just have something messed up in my programming but also, this might not even work.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

The Analog Lines Cards must be NT8D09
The CLS must include: MWA and LPA

~~~
[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Compare the DCH RCAP settings on both PTP spans. They should look something like:

ND2 NCT MWI TAT NAC

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Thank you, I'll check all 3 PBXs to see what is in the RCAP. Figured it was something small. I'll keep you posted on results.

If the TNs provide stutter tone today, doesn't that prove MWI is being sent and is working?

original post said:
I am able to hunt and FNA to voice mail and get stutter dialtone on analogs but no Msg waiting lights

~~~
[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

I'm not sure. Good question. I guess we will know after this case is solved.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

PNI must be the same at both ends and you must have LPA and MWA in the CLS of the analog phone for a light. Also some cheap analog phones will not work with the nortel as they use a different voltage for the light. Coretelco is one I have run into.

Sorry just reread the thread. You need LPA in the cls for lamp allowed, otherwise you get stutter dial tone.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Thanks for the input; I'll be back on site tomorrow for more testing. What I am trying to do is light lights on digital sets on the new PBX which has no connection to Site A where the Call Pilot is. The only connection is through another PBX that is connected to Site A. We are using NMS.

As long as you have NMS all the way through, have the D-channels programmed like I posted before, and have the sets programmed to CLS = MWA, it arta work.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

All is well. Reprogrammed DCH all the way through to be identical...kicker was that Site A and Site B had DSC of varying lengths...changed to be 4 digits with FLEN of 4 and everything works.
Thank you all for another learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back