Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to light Message Waiting Light For Multiple Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtetryyt

MIS
Feb 14, 2008
US
Is there a way to have the message waiting light illuminate on more than one phone when there is a message waiting in a particular mailbox? I'm running an older verson of Audix.

man-msg-wt" and "aut-msg-wt" are buttons that allow remote message lamps for
different extensions to be added to phones

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

I had this problem recently and I resolved it the following way, the only thing you have to do is configure on the 1st page of all these Extensions is in Message Waiting Lamp the Extension Number of the Voice Mail Extension Configure. Try This.

Both of the previous poster's information is correct. Changing the extension in the "Message Waiting" field of the station field is easy *IF* the user does not have their own voicemail mailbox in addition to the shared voicemail mailbox. Otherwise, use the "aut-msg-wt" button on a spare button with a light. Make sure that there are not any waiting messages in the shared mailbox before creating the additional message waiting buttons, otherwise the light will not light up.

Susan
Muffins are just ugly cupcakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back