Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to know the owner of an IP ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

haneo

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
CA
I just know the existence of database, but i can't find all the IPs and their owner, i have heard that RIP contains the European databases.

Is there any other Web databases that i can answer because i have found in our Web Server Logs, suspisious data!

thanks.

There are 4 canonical resources for IP address leases. They are:

ARIN [the American Registry for Internet Numbers, web home: web whois: whois-protocol whois: whois.arin.net], which covers North America, parts of the Caribbean, and sub-equatorial Africa (list of contries here:
RIPE [Réseaux IP Européens, web home: web whois: whois-protocol whois: whois.ripe.net], which covers Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia, and super-equatorial African (list of countries here:
APNIC [Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, web home: web whois: whois-protocol whois: whois.apnic.net], which covers the Asia Pacific region (list of contries:
LACNIC [Latin American and Caribbean Network Information Center, web home (English): web whois (English): whois-protocol whois: whois.lacnic.net], which covers Latin America and those parts of the Caribbean not covered by ARIN (list of contries served:
If you attempt to look up an address that is not under the jurisdiction of the registry you contacted, any of them can tell you the correct registry to contact.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back