Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to know the no of users accessing the server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumtoo10

Programmer
Dec 10, 2001
US
Well In one application i am using Sql server. The server can be accessed from many machines. But all the machines uses single user login ie default login "sa". How can i come to know that how many machines are accessing the server and also if on some machine more than one instance of the application is open and is accssing the server, how can i come to know that 2 instances of application is accessing the server.
Application is in VB and sql server

If you go under control panel/server, it will show you how many users and accessing the server. If you then click on users it will show you which users. And if they are connected more than once it would show them in the list twice. Hope this Helps.
Stacy

Have a look at the stored procedures SP_Who and SP_Who2, this will tell the logins currently active within SQL server plus a whole load of other information. You can return this data to a recordset within VB.

Regards, Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back