Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to know mail storage size for each user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnack

Vendor
May 30, 2003
SG
Hi, i am completly new to lotus note. Please help. I need to check the mail storage size of each individual user. How and where do i check ? What Utility to use ? please help. i am new. Thanks a million in advance. 2nd question, is there any database limit like MS exchange standard edition 16gb ??

You need to use the Admin client to get this information. Just go to the "Files" tab and select the folder that holds all the mail files. This will display the filenames and size for all the users who have a mail file on the server. You can also set quotas and warning thresholds here as well.

The other way is just view the folder via the OS on the Notes server.

There is a 64Gb limit for >NSF files but I never let any user go over 1Gb. They should be doing their archiving and not using their mail as a filing cabinet.

Hope this helps.

Maybe a better/easier way to do it. Open Domino Admin; Click on the server tab; choose Analysis and then go to the Database option on the list, expand the Database option and then click on sizes. This will show you the size of every database on the server including all the user nsf's. This shows you all the info on one screen with out having to look in each individual folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back