Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to know if the First Record is Suppressed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikar

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
i have some condition on the basis of which i am suppressing details section.i need to know if the first record is suppressed(i.e. the condition on which i suppressed was true for first record).how can i achieve this.is there anything available in crystal reports which can directly tell me that the previous record is suppressed.

thanks
sikar

In a group, the group header will be looking at the first detail. So you could have a formula field that says "First Record Suppressed" in the header when this is the case.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

For a test...if that is what you are looking for?? Is it the first record of the recordset or the first record of a group?

I'll assume it is the first record of a group and it is just a test

Put a text box in the detail section...with the words
"Did Not Suppress the first record"

put a conditional suppress on this text box

WhilePrintingRecords;
not PreviousIsNull ({Table.groupingfield})and
previous({Table.groupingfield}) = {Table.groupingfield}

you should only see this box if your 1st record suppression fails

Jim Broadbent

The quality of the answer is directly proportional to the quality of the problem statement!

A running total will count suppressed records if the suppression condition is not built into the running total, so you could create two running totals, one without the suppression condition and one with the suppression condition built into the evaluate based on a formula section, and then create a formula:

if {#rtwithsuppressioncondition} = 1 and {#rtwithnosuppressioncondition} > 1 then "Suppressed first record" else ""

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back