Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to jump to the webclass if an input-field was left changed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulus

Programmer
Sep 25, 2000
A1
First I´m sorry because of my English!

My problem:
I have an input-field TDEKADE:

<td><input name=&quot;TDEKADE&quot; value=&quot;<WC@TR>DEDEKADE</WC@TR>&quot; tabIndex=1 LANGUAGE=javascript
onchange=&quot;return TDEKADE_onchange()&quot;></td>

There is a Javascript Function
to handle this onchange-Event:

function TDEKADE_onchange()
{
FTR.HSTATUS.value = &quot;User changed TDEKADE&quot;;
FTR.submit();
}

Main function wanted:
If I leave a text-field changed, I want to go back to the WebClass to handle this change.

Is there someone who knows how to do it right ?

Paulus

You just point to your webclass in the onchange event and parse the value in the querystring:

Say your webclass is called MyWebClass and in it you have a template for this webpage called MyTemplate. You can now call your webclass using:
Code:
onchange=&quot;MyWebClass.asp?WCI=MyTemplate&amp;InputChanged=&quot; + this.name + &quot;&amp;Value=&quot; + this.value
The Respond event of your MyTemplate Template will now be fired. In it you can access the parsed parameters using Request.Questring(&quot;InputChanged&quot;) for the name of the input field being changed and Request.Questring(&quot;Value&quot;) for it's value.

Good luck!

Jordi Reineman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back