Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to invoke the dial up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryupb

MIS
Aug 31, 2004
US
I have been pondering on this service for quite some time now, not really giving it too much attention since I dont really need it back then, but now I have to figure out how to invoke or run the dial up from a certain part of my program.

Is there a way that i can call the dial up from my program? I have tried the samples in the FAQ and none of them seems to work, or I just dont know how to use them??

I am using VFP 6, and Win XP

The samples do require a modem attached to or installed in your computer, and you need to know the COM port that it's using. Do you have this setup and information?

Rick

Hi Rick,

Yup, have the modem installed and knows the COM port being used, I even switched ports to try the sample codes but no luck.....

Just to be sure, I tested the modem using the dial-up to connect to the net and the modem is good....

ryupb

Perhaps this will work better for you - faq184-2332

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks mike, will have to spend some time on this one.... havent tried to create a class by coding.....

If you're willing to spend a couple hundred bucks, you should try Socket Tools Visual Edition from Catalyst. I don't work for them, or even know them, but when we had to do a bunch of RAS stuff, I found their software and tried it and have been extremely happy with it. Anything to do with internet or dial up, Socket Tools can handle.

-jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back