Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to inventory a Nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd1019

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
US
Could anyone provide some guidance on the best steps to inventory a Nortel. A complete inventory and maybe a system utilization analysis.

I am taking new job and I will be supporting a Nortel Option 11 with a small ACD enviroment. (Symposium not sur ethe version) Also has a call pilot. I am not sure if there is an OTM or web client.

Thanks guys

GHTROUT has some excellent templates for the hardware audits.
In fact, his site is crammed packed full of useful stuff, so it wouldn't hurt to have a poke around there first.

Typically you'll be wanting to jot down the type and number of cards you've got (Digital, FALC, trunk,etc), key code information, DN number range, TNs available, digital set capacity, analogue set capacity, etc etc.

To be honest with you, if you're supporting this, and you're a wee bit unfamiliar with the setup or how to do an audit, then get in a tech who can audit this for you, and ask him pertinent questions when he's done.
Else you'll be spending a fair amount of time trying to understand why X isn't working like it was last week.

Me, I have no hesitation in doing this when I'm handed a new site (usually from an acquistion), as invariably, the guy who turns up tends to have a good 15 years experience on him, and can point out some of the quirks of a site early on.

You might get some raised eyebrows from your boss, but simply point out that info is going to be the bedrock upon which you'll be doing your troubleshooting, and is saving the business money in potential downtime, whilst you, the savvy tech, are getting familiar with the site and the staff.

If that doesn't work, you could tell them that the flux capacitor is currently out of alignment with the Van Heurten tubes, and will need recalibrating, and that your certification doesn't extend that far.
A Scottish accent may add to the effect..

Most times, the response will be a glazed look and a nodding head..

Good judgement comes from experience, which usually comes from bad judgement.. [i/]

What rls is your PBX running. If it is 25 or later you can have the switch run an inventory in ld 117 which will give you card id's as well as serial numbers, and also digital sets with their serial numbers also.

sporty2

ld 117 inv generate and when it finished inv prt cards or sets will give you a decent hardware inventory. ld 81 cnt sets will give you a count of those. ld 22 slt will give you a decent list of tn's or lic ava.. ld 21 ltm will give you a list of all programed trunks ld 60 stat will give you a list of t1's pri's.. ld 22 cequ will list all your common equiptment

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Here is the page that offers a view on what to print our

TEKIMG.gif

Good information so far guys thanks. The loads and commands are extremely helpful keep em coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back