Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Install & Configure ISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky29280

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2008
Hi,

We have a Domain Enviromentwith Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition and Win XP SP2 as client and we also have Windows 2003 Standard Edition with ICS enabled to share the Internet in our domain. I have 5 OU in our domain and I want to block some website to anOU only.
Please help me with the followings:-
1. Install & Configure
2. How to share Internet Connection using this
3. How to block particula website to a particular OU of Domain

Regards,
Sid

You need to research how to use this. It's unlikely someone is going to provide you every detail you need to complete your task in an environment in which you've included zero details about.

Additionally, ISA related questions should be posted in forum802

Pat Richard
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Contributing author Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: The Complete Reference

I didnt actually see any ISA questions there at all I don't think...non-sepcific...

Anyways...get OUs out of your head, they mean nothing in the scope of ISA, or anything else outside of AD really. You have to build filters that are appleid to certain groups....and that will only work if the ISA server is a domain member, or if you do local accounts (which nobody should be using local accounts on a frontline/edge firewall setup)

as far as getting internet access...get it working on ISA first, then use ISA server IP as the default gateway for clients...

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE:Security00/03
MCSA:Messaging00
MCSA:Security03
A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back