Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to instal without gcc or rpm???

Status
Not open for further replies.

remyvrs

Programmer
Jul 12, 2005
RO
i use ipcop as a router for my home mini-network but i would like to instal some other things on it.
the fact is that it does not have gcc included or rpm so i really don't know how to install anything on it.

i think i can manage my way if someone helps me to instal one of the 2 mentioned above...
Thanks in advance!!!

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
Thanks for your attitude!

gosh, I'd think it's easier to install YUM, APT, or RPM from a pre-compiled binary than to install the gcc bits first... BUT, LawnBuy may very well be right... Does an IPCop support forum have something on the topic?

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Sure, binaries would be easier if you can find them for whatever kernel version ipcop uses. I'm thinking dependencies could eat you alive since you don't know what modules the kernel has...

Unless ipcop uses a standard release kernel, I don't think it does.

i forgot to mention that i am a newbie in linux.
but i think i have understood what you have said...

someone proposed to me copiing his rpm directory and simply run it so that i could install a gcc*.rpm package that i downloaded.

i have done a lot of googling but still i have found no solution

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
Thanks for your attitude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back