Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to insert music file into 32bit assembly prog

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyhom8

MIS
May 1, 2004
US
How to insert music file into 32bit assembly program. I am writing a 32bit assembly program to build a game similar to pac-man and need to insert a background music... I would really appreciate detailed steps in doing this...

Thank You
holyhom8
:)

What is the file format, WAV, MP3, etc?

Walid Magd
Engwam@Hotmail.com

I have choice either wav or mp3 and I am thinking trying to insert wav... I needed detailed instructions plse

Thank You

The best way is writing code to interface with the Soundblaster. I've tried it once, though not in assembly, in C code. Look for documentation on the soundblaster - but it will not be as easy as you would probably want...

Here is a good place to start:

A bit of advice though; it is probably better to get a game that is working (or nearly working) first before you try to introduce sound, as it will probably throw a spanner into the works...

Don't hate the player - hate the game

If you're using Windows + ASM, you can have the WAV file as a resource, and then use PlaySound to play it from the resource? There are examples of this online using MASM32 ( for MASM32 windows pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back