Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to insert chinese char to SQL Server 7.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yu

Programmer
Feb 26, 2001
SG
Hi,

I am currently using SQL Server 7.0.

FYI, I have already set the data type of the field that will hold double-byte Chinese characters to be 'NVarchar'. When I use the "Import Data" feature, all the chinese characters can be imported into the fields, and displayed properly...

When I use VB to retrieve the data, the Chinese character can be retrieved and displayed properly. However, when I tried to do a normal data insertion back to the SQL Server DB, it is stored as "??????".

Why????? CAN SOMEONE HELP!!! Do I need to change any configuration in SQL Server to accept double-byte characters? Like "Set Lanaguage"??? If so, how to use it, there's no variable to set for Traditional Chinese.

Or, do I have to convert the data into DBSC before inserting to the DB?? If so, what commands can I use?

Appreciate you help greatly!!! Thanks.

Cheers,
Yu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back