Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to increase the amount of storage the List History log allows to keep changes 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryckee

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2013
US
Is there a way to increase the amount of storage the history log can use to store changes and/or a way to export all changes to another log file in order to keep an indefinite history log?

Check and change the logging levels in cm

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

so change logging levels was in the mix but the top link is a pearl for your archive and here is some pink

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

You can also get more SAT command history if you log into the server web interface and choose System Logs under Diagnostics. Run a report on the Communication Manager's SAT events and also the Platform command history log.

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

The logs you refer to using the web interface are the same files with the same limits described in the information I posted. Access from the web interface is not some magic that produces more data than can be stored.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Ok, so it's a limitation of the ASA program? Becauase I don't get nearly as much information using List History in ASA as I do from the SAT history from the web interface.

- Stinney

ASA access is only to the CM history log buffer

SAT history from the web interface extracts CM history log from /var/log/ecs/commandhistory files

Other logs that ASA has no access to are also stored in the linux server files and each have various
size limitations that may be inherent to the server hardware platforms and software version.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thanks, that's helpful.

- Stinney

I have a weekly report scheduled in ASA to export our list history, which allows me to keep all admin history indefinitely. I just need to change the file name after it runs. In ASA goto Advanced, Report and type list history in the window. Select the file name and location where you want it to run to and set up your schedule. Works well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back