Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to increase lost+found

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataboy2010

Technical User
Jul 4, 2010
DE
I am running a samfsck on a SAMFS file system and it does not finish due to the following error

Orphan processing stopped due to full lost+found. Increase lost+found and rerun

Is any one familliar with the process of increasing the amount of space allocated to lost+found on a file system?

Very odd! I was under the impression that lost+found was just a directory owned by root. I'm not familiar with SAMFS, so it could be different.

If it is being treated as a directory, first thing to do is see if the device is full. I believe copies of recovered files get put in lost+found, so if the device is full, or almost full, then it could give an error like this I suppose.

Second, see if there are files in there before running your samfsck. These should only be copies of recovered files from previous problems. Back them up and clear them out. But, since lost+found is just a directory, the limit again is the device, not the directory itself.

Finally, make sure your are up with the latest patches. This sounds like one that's probably fixed by a patch.

These are just some general thoughts. Hopefully someone with SAMFS specific knowledge can respond.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back