Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to increase limit on Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeemasp

Programmer
Jun 1, 2004
GB
Hi

I've created a company parameter, reading a list of company names from a table.

The problem is there are a couple of thousand entries, and when creating the parameter, it only brings in a couple of hundred.

Is this a limit to Crystal or are there alternative methods to get a list of thousands into a parameter?

Regards

Yes, this is a registry setting.

If you are comfortable using regedit, search for a key called MaxNBrowseValues, and change that value to a high enough value to build your list.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

Hi,

I changed the value in the registry from 500 to 50000. Rebooting my windows 2000 PC, when back into crystal reports, and try to reload all my company names.

Still it only loaded a minimal amount and not all the company names.

Any ideas?

I'd try having two parameters - the first alphabetic, specifying the first letter of the company name. The second the companies with that name.

I've never done such a thing in Crystal and it may not even be possible. But since you're stuck, I thought it worth mentioning.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Thanks Madawc, but I got it working from dgillz; I missed out a registry key; well the key didn't save for some reason.

Anyway the 1000's of data items are now coming in fine into the drop down box.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back