Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to include import and export wizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2002
US
Hi all,
I am wanting to include the import and export wizards with my exe. I have built a menu and it sits on my main form ( I am not using _Screen).

I have the options included with _mfi_export and _mfi_import. They are available when the main form is called when I am in Foxpro. But when I run the exe the export and import options are unavailable.

Any direction would be appreciated [pc] Oh Tartar Sauce.

I don't believe these are distributable (at least not before VFP 7.0) - check the redist.txt file in the appropriate VFP directory.

If you are using VFP 7.0, make sure you include the appropriate .APPs in your project (and your install list).

Note: While I'm seeing wzimport.app in VFP 7.0, I don't see anything for export.

Rick

Hoosier121

I am wanting to include the import and export wizards with my exe. I have built a menu and it sits on my main form ( I am not using _Screen).

Those two features are only available at design time not at runtime.
You have to "roll your own".
Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first

doh!
Thanks for the info guys. That's what I was afraid of. At least I now know I have to "roll my own" now. I am using vfp7 and I will check out "wzimport.app" though. [pc] Oh Tartar Sauce.

hoosier121

Not to be misleading, according to Redist.txt in VFP7.0 the wzimport.app is distributable. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back