Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to include a header in multiple reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbwrede

Programmer
May 22, 2003
US
Hi,
Is there any way to use some type of include file to include a standard header on multiple reports? I have about 60 crystal reports that all use the same header (although there are dynamic fields in the header that are determined in each report). I have to update a graphic and next time I don't want to have to do it in 60 places.

Thanks,
Barb

What version of Crystal are you using?

In Crystal Reports 9, they introduced the Repository which allows for picture storing and sharing, as well ws other objects. You can add a picture to the repository, then add it to multiple reports. You then can set your reports to check the repositry automatically when loaded, to see if the image has changed. If it has changed, the report will be updated with the new image.

~Brian

Thanks for the info! I am using CR 9.0.

I don't know if I explained it correctly above. My header will have one graphic and few fields that are filled in by fields passed in from a asp.net application. If I was using asp I could write the header in an include file and use the same include for each page. Can i do this in CR9? My header is a table with one graphic (that swaps on a field username) and a couple of other labels and dynamic fields.

Thanks for the help!

I don't want to give you any bad info so I really can't answer your question accurately.
I don't think you can do it the same way as you would in an application as you don't have that control when you need it.

Another possible option is create a template report and save it as a template crystal report file. This would allow you to reapply a template after you change it, but it would require you to either open each report up and apply the template manually, or do it through code.

OPen the help files and look up Template in the index. That should give you a better idea of what I am talking about.

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back