Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to improve Report performance with CR7 web deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerfulskeptic

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
IN
Hi,
We have a web application that we wrote in ASP that also has reports tied to them. However, when we ran load tests with 4 users logged in and accessing the server, we encountered a 10% or less report failure rate (10 times out of 125 reports we ran gave an error).
Here is the structure:
A person logs in using the login ASP page, a cookie is set for his/her login/group. They select a report and the reports are in Crystal 7 with a page created from Recrystallize (ie the ASP page that calls the activex version of crystal viewer).
For our tests, we had 2 people connect simultaneously on the network and 2 people using dialup access to our network.
10 out of 125 times we received the error CRAXDRT Error #20534, error detected in database DLL.
and twice somehow the cookies got erased and they got logged out after the CRAXDRT error (ie, somehow the logn cookies got deleted). The reports ran a bit slower than if a single user was accessing the system.
Any ideas how to improve performance and to try to eliminate the CRAXDRT errors. moreover, what could be causing the CRAXDRT error? the actual report connects to an SQL Server 2K, with no subreports. Any ideas on both the report and server side?
thanks
- Ambar

CR 7 is over 5 years old, and web development was just underway, so I'm not surprised that you might encounter problems.

If you can't upgrade (current version is 10), at least try to locate the hotfixes/service packs for CR 7, they might help. Unfortunately I haven't had CR 7 for years or I'd pass them along.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back