Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to import source definition from MYSQL database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgupta10

Technical User
Sep 7, 2010
US
Hello friends,

I am getting the following error when I try to import a source definition from a MySQL database in Source Analyzer in Power Center designer:

DLL name entry missing from C:\Informatica\PowerCenter8.6.1\client\bin\powermart.ini
Section=ODBCDLL
Entry=MYSQL

Has anyone encountered a same problem and can suggest a fix for it. I will highly appreciate some help to get the issue resolved.

Thanks,

Mayank.

here is information directly taken from the Informatica Support site...

Effective in PowerCenter 8.6.1 HotFix 11 and PowerCenter 9.0.1 MySQL Enterprise Edition 5.1 is supported as a source and target.

The MySQL database is supported using the DataDirect version 6.0 ODBC driver.
DataDirect 6.0 only supports MySQL Enterprise Edition.
DataDirect MySQL ODBC driver does not support MySQL Community Servers.

To connect to a non-commercial version of MySQL you can use the MySQL ODBC driver 5.1 with the DataDirect 6.0 driver manager.
This driver is not provided by DataDirect and must be obtained directly from MySQL.

More Information

If you attempt to connect to a MySQL Enterprise Edition version 4 or earlier the following error will occur:

MSG=[Informatica][ODBC MySQL Wire Protocol driver]Connections to versions of MySQL prior to version 5.0 are not supported.

If you attempt to connect to a MySQL non-commercial version the following error will occur:

MSG=[Informatica][ODBC MySQL Wire Protocol driver]Connections to non-commercial versions of MySQL are not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back