Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to implement an Outer Join into a Crosstab

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooSki

Programmer
Jun 13, 2002
GB
Hi guys,

I have been asked to produce a kind of work schedule within ReportNet. Along the top of the report is to be the Week Numbers and down the left is to be the Employees. The report has an initial filter on the prompt page to decide which Building the report is looking at.

As you can imagine, there can be many Employees working on the Building, but not necessarily anyone working on the Building every week.

I'd like to have all the week numbers within the current year showing across the top, so that there may be blanks/nulls showing in any week where that Employee is not working on that Building. (A 1/2/3 is to show when a certain type of work is being done there, conditional formatting to be put on there afterwards.)

As the company I work for looks after many Buildings, there is work being done every week, so there will be all week numbers available in the database.

The problem I have is that I just don't know how to implement the OUTER JOIN within the main query. Do I have to do something in the List before making this a Crosstab? Can anyone give me an idiot's guide or step by step process for this?

Many thanks in advance,
Mooski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back