Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to identify what's bad in quarantined file

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
US
We receive a monthly spreadsheet that is literally 8000 rows. It contains project scheduling information for some construction projects and can contain any number of words that relate specifically to the project we are building.

Our Trend Micro Client Server Messaging Security for SMB has quarantined this spreadsheet, but we don't know why. The quarantine "repository" says it was kicked out because it contained words that caused it to fail, but because the spreadsheet is so big, we don't have a practical way to determine where the bad word is.

Does anyone know how to scan an Excel spreadsheet and determine what word(s) might have caused it to fail? Is there another scanning tool that we could use on an as-needed basis for specific uses such as this?

try asking this question of Trend Micro's help desk.?

I think what he is looking for is a way to parse the spreadsheet to see if there is anything "illegal."

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

most filtering softwares have a list of "NO-NO" words that block any word with a portion of those words.

you see this on many forums where instead of the entire word being block you get *** or ### inserted.

as i said, this would be worth a call to TM's support desk

Thanks... I had already checked with tech support, then I posted this question. BUT Tech Support emailed me back in about 5 minutes and said that the latest version does just what asked for. We'll try it out... thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back