Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to identify the MAC on BCM 450

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwoj

Technical User
Sep 13, 2006
US
so is there anyway to determine a phones MAC on a BCM 450?

thanks!
robert

Hello Robert

That is a good query. The MAC address details don't appear to be present within the Element Manager tool or in the Programming record. I've taken a look at my own system and was unable to find any reference to the MAC for the IP phones.

In the past, I've used a port scanning tool and aa free one that I use on my smartphone is called Fing. This tool will list all the MAC addresses on a network.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

How about the System ID ( under Keycodes in EM or the NTT number on the BCM)
Also MAC address's for the ports under IPsubsystem/LAN Interfaces

Does that help or make sense?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

ah - yep...I see those MAC's...but am needing the IP phone MAC's that are registered to the BCM. I don't think this is doable :(

Sure....2 ways
-MAC is on the label under the set
-Go into the services button on the set (press it twice) and Local Diagnostics then IP Set Info

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Bloody hell I knew it was somewhere...was looking in Resources.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back