Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Hyperlink Remedy HDC's in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

krzywica

MIS
Nov 24, 2010
US
Hey guys first post. I'm a VB newbie so bare with me if this is a stupid question.

I am building reports from Remedy (ticketing application and database) into Excel Spreadsheets that contain pivot tables. I have a LOT of data and want to make it easeir for people viewing these by creating the ability to open Help Desk Case numbers (HDC's) that are referenced in my spreadsheet to the actual Remedy application. It should be a pretty basic function as if I create a file with the extension of ".artask" and input this code..
Code:
[Shortcut]
Name = HPD: HelpDesk
Type = 0
Server = remedyprd
Ticket = HD0000001006530
Then it will open HD0000001006530 in Remedy. I want an easy way to do this in excel as I have a whole column of HDC's.

So basically I need to know how to make Excel run a file that is the same as the code above with a variable that is equal to the corresponding HDC# for that given cell. Also keep in mind I will be doing this in multiple different spreadsheets with hundreds or thousands of HDC's in each one. It was suggested that I use the shell script api function but I'm not sure how to do that. Also this will be used by many different people.

Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back