Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Hide / Remove Send on Behalf from Outgoing Emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahangir303

Technical User
May 21, 2010
AE
[Current Scenario]

I have setup Microsoft Windows 2008 SBS Server in My Organization. I am using "Adsl Internet Connection" having "Dynamic IP address". Pop3 connector is configured on My SBS 2008 Server so that users received their internet email & Smart host is also configured so that users send email to external internet domains.

[Smart Host]
Smart Host: exmail.emirates.net.ae
Require Authentication: test@abc.ae

[Problem]

Problem is that whenever our users send email to external internet domains, Receiver of other domains receive our message like this "test@abc.ae" on behalf of "George Michael" where George Michael is our user. How we can hide / remove this message and why this message is apearing, whats the reason, even i didnot configure Send on behalf for any user in my domain?

our local domain: dubai.local
our external domain: abc.ae (for example)

Note:
our users can send email locally and externally. we set .ae address as their primary email address so whenever they send email to internet domains mails goes from their primary address.

[Previous Scenario]

[Before we had a static ip on lease line and we were using smart host "mailv.emirates.net.ae" and "mail.emirates.net.ae" and emails from our domains goes to external email domains without having send on behalf message. etisalat dynamic ips are usually blak listen in many rbl therefore we cannot use "mail.eim.ae, mail.emirates.net.ae; mailv.emirates.net.ae to relay our emails to external domains].

Note:
if you are using other service provide like "Duo" you can use etisalat smart host "exmail.emirates.net.ae" for sending & receiiving emails.

Go to AD Users and Computers, select user George Michel, and on Security tab give full rights to the Test user.
Usually it take some time to take effect.

The above mention procedure doesn't help at all :(, Please help me to solve this issue.

Hi

try the the settings below, we normally need to do this step for shared mailboxes to hide the send on behalf of. Not sure why it would happen on users individual mailbox.

* click on the Security tab

* click on the Advanced button

* click on the Add button

* type in the Users name

* change "Apply onto" to be "This object only" and check off Allow "Send As"

* save changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back