Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to hide objects during animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
The problem is as follows: I need to explode a planet, in the middle of animation, i've made the particles and spheregizmo, so it blows up nicely and stuff, the only problem is, that the planet itself remains intact. I can't just hide the planet, cause the particles appear later, and before the particles there would only be void. i also tried to do the hiding trick with animate button, didn't work. Any ideas?
--Filo
P.S. i would be extremely thankful for a quick answer, have to finish it in 2 hours...

Hi filosofem
U would have blasted the planet itself. Anyway, there is another solution for you. Move away the planet from the sceane when blast-off takes place. For doing it, just move the planet with animation button ON at the same (blast-off) key frame. Then go to the Track view and select the Planet's position Keys. Rightclick on it and change the IN & OUT flyout tangents to the Steps(Looks like rectagular steps).
I hope this will solve your problem.
With all the best wishes
LovingBirds
(Subhash)

Hi filosofem
Just sliped a simple idea. How about giving the transparacy to your planet?
I hope this will solve your problem.
With all the best wishes
LovingBirds
(Subhash)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back