Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to have DID # ring a phone that has DND active 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Vendor
Oct 16, 2002
US
Customer wants to assign a DID number as a kind of a backdoor number to a phone and they want it to ring even if Do Not Disturb is active.

Things I have tried: Directing the number to a hunt group and adding the hunt group in the DND exception list of the user recieving the calls.
Creating a phantom user, directing the DID to the phantom and setting up coverage to the receiveing extension. (adding phantom in DND exception list)

Neither worked, any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

In the phonemanager set the number in the exception list.

The DND exception number can be an internal extension or an external number. If you want to allow a range of numbers through the DND wall, you can either enter each number separately or make use of the variables "N" or "X" in the number. For example, to allow all numbers from 01923699000 to 01923699099 the DND Exception number can be entered as either 019236990XX or 019236990N.

Avaya_Red.gif

Is the DND wall looking at the CID number or the DID number? I had originaly thought that I could put the DID number in there but when that did not work I am thinking the wall only looks at the CLID info and not the DID info.

The CID/CLID number.

Avaya_Red.gif

Create a Short Code:

Feature: Priority Dialling
Number: Extension Number

Point your ICR to the Short Code

Calls will always ring

This always work:
create a short code:
SC = **Hardware extension number ( NOT user telephone number)
Telephonenumber = Hardware extension number ( NOT user telephone number)
Action = DialByExtension, for US you also can use DialByID - then use the hardware ID instaed of the hardware telephonenumber
LineID = 0

Route the DID to this shortcode, the call will always ring the hardware extension no matter if the user is logged off, on DND or Forward Unconditional, Follow Me or any other divert setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back